An event as big as DCLX 2013 requires a lot of people helping out. So come on out and volunteer to help us put on the best lindy party ever! Here’s the volunteer policy so that you get the skinny on how things will work.
1. You need to sign up using the form below. You are not confirmed to volunteer for that time slot until you have heard from the volunteer coordinator. The volunteer coordinator will notify the volunteer of assigned shifts and the Event Captain who will be in charge of the dance.
2. Volunteers will still need to pay for the dance that they attend.
3. For every one hour time slot that you work, you will receive $10 in compensation. You will be compensated in cash at the end of your shift.
4. Volunteers will check in with the Event Captain at the beginning of their shift. The Event Captain will brief the volunteer on his/her duties. The Event Captain will validate that the volunteers have completed their shift. If the volunteer cannot make the assigned shift, he/she will contact the volunteer coordinator immediately.
5. Some duties and assignments may require some heavy lifting. If you are not physically capable of such duties, please note so.
6. For ease of scheduling, we’ve split the dances into several time blocks. By selecting a block, you are saying you could work at any point during the time covered by the block. Each “shift” that you work will be in one hour increments. Your one hour shift can fall anywhere within the times listed for the block you select.
EXAMPLE: You choose Friday Night “Before the Dance/Early Dance” from 7:30 to 9:30. You may then be scheduled for a 7:30 to 8:30 shift on Friday night.
If you got any questions, email them to email@example.com.