Registered? Check! Travel arrangements made? Check! Lined up dances with friends from across the country? Absolutely check! What else do you need? Why, a place to crash! So here’s where you can sign up to either request housing or build up karma chits and offer housing to our out of town guests. We will send the housing assignments to hosts and guests approximately a week prior to the exchange. A few notes about the housing policy for those on either end of the equation.
If you are offering to HOST out of town dancers:
- You do not have to be registered for the entire exchange weekend to offer housing.
- Please be realistic about the number of people that you can host. As a general rule of thumb, I like 4 people per bathroom.
- Once you are given your list of guests, please contact them as soon as possible with any information that they would need. Things like your address, contact info, what they should bring, any house rules, etc, would be very helpful.
- Hosts are not responsible for picking up their guests, feeding them, driving them around, nor engaging in nefarious deeds. However, feel free to do so if it is your inclination. DCLX does not accept responsibility for anything that goes wrong in your nefarious deeding.
- Ready to add chits to your dancing karma? Click here to offer up your home to our out of town guests!
If you are REQUESTING housing:
- We will make housing arrangements only for those who have paid for the full weekend registration. If you are coming from out of town and just doing the weekend a la carte, then you will be responsible for finding your own housing.
- Housing arrangements are made on a first come-first serve basis. Those who registered and paid for the weekend first will be matched first with hosts.
- We cannot guarantee that everyone who requested housing will get it. However, we can state that in the past, we have been able to find a place to stay for everyone who requested it.
- Hosts are not responsible for picking you up at the airport, feeding you, driving you around, playing tour guide, providing you with bedding, nor joining you in various nefarious deeds. They are providing you some space to crash out and a bathroom to shower in. Of course, you can always ask them about the other stuff, especially the nefarious deeds. And a little host gift of thanks is always appreciated.
- If you would like housing outside of the time frame of the exchange, that is your responsibility to arrange. (Wow! I just made that rhyme without knowing it. Sweet.)
- Housing request will close by 5 April 2013.
- Ready to sign up for housing? Click here to request a place to crash.